Professor Personalized Healthcare
Radboud university medical center, TNO, EATRIS, DTL *
Alain van Gool is professor Personalized Healthcare at the Radboud university medical center and applied biomarker scientist at Netherlands Institute for Applied Scientific Research (TNO), with a strong passion in the application of biomarkers in translational medicine and personalized healthcare. His professional background since 1991 is a mix of academia, pharmaceutical industry, applied research institutes, university medical centers. He has been leading technology-based biomarker laboratories, cross-functional expert teams, therapeutic project teams and public-private consortia, many of which were focused on the discovery, development and implementation of translational biomarkers in a variety of therapeutic areas. While working in Europe, USA and Asia, he and his teams contributed to over 200 projects in various phases of biomarker R&D. His technical expertise resides most strongly in molecular profiling (various Omics approaches), analytical biomarker development, and applications in translational scientific research. Alain currently heads the Translational Metabolic Laboratory, is strategic advisor to the executive board and coordinates the Radboudumc Technology Centers at Radboudumc, is Scientific Lead Technologies of DTL (the Dutch Techcenter for Life Sciences), is Chair Biomarker Platform of EATRIS (the European infrastructure for Translational Medicine) and is co-initiator of Health-RI (the Netherlands Personalized Medicine and Health Research Infrastructure), thus contributing to the organization and coordination of local, national and European technology infrastructures.
* extended details on affiliations and roles
Prof Alain van Gool PhD
- Senior scientist integrator biomarkers TNO – The Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research. (tno.nl)
- Professor Personalized Healthcare, Radboud university medical center (radboudumc.nl)
- Head Translational Metabolic Laboratory, Radboudumc
- Coordinator Radboudumc Technology Centers, Radboudumc (radboudumc.nl/research/technologycenters)
- Head Biomarker Platform EATRIS – The European Infrastructure for Translational Medicine. (eatris.eu)
- Scientific Lead Technologies DTL – Dutch Techcenter for Life Sciences. (dtls.nl)
Microbiology & System Biology, TNO, Utrechtseweg 48, Zeist, Netherlands.