27-30 September 2021, Online
The agenda is currently in production. If you have an interest in speaking, or have any suggestions as to speakers or topics we should cover, please contact Steve Coldicott
Programme from our March 2021 Event
8-11 March 2021, Online
Scroll down for the full March agenda.
You can view recordings of the March 2021 sessions by registering here
Session 1 - Monday March 8, 2021#PMFPatientWeek
Precision Medicine - CATCH 22?
We implement what we know. But to know more, we first have to implement. Considering we are only at the start of what is going to come, how do we take that leap of faith? And whose responsibility is it?
Are Patients the Missing Part of the Drug Development Puzzle?
- We are witnessing increased involvement in research and regulation, but how can we ensure greater involvement in drug development?
- Increasing transparency, trust and subsequently collaboration amongst all stakeholders
- Involving patients across the entire product lifecycle
- Barriers, opportunities, and examples of patient involvement in the drug development process
- Exploring how engagement at an early stage can improve overall patient experience and outcomes
Session 2 - Tuesday March 9, 2021#PMFPatientWeek
Patient Centric Data Collection and Sharing
- Understanding public views on data-driven technologies such as machine learning and its role in health research/care
- Whose data is it anyway?
- Assessing if is now time to begin removing the regulatory barriers to data sharing, and how this can be achieved
- Ethical considerations of patient data collection
Public and Patient Involvement (PPI) and Engagement (PPE) in Research
- Ensuring we involve patient from an early stage and at all stages
- How to link up the right participants with the right researchers
Session 3 - Wednesday March 10, 2021#PMFPatientWeek
The Pivotal Role of Real-World Data and Real-World Evidence in Healthcare Decision Making
- Finding someone that “looks like me” - can it provide comfort and confidence in treatment pathway decisions?
Education and Communication
- Educating Patients and Healthcare Professionals about precision medicine
- No one wants to be a patient, but not until we are, do we begin to educate ourselves – can education help to change this paradigm?
- Patients rely upon and trust their clinician – how can we ensure the clinician is armed with all the tools available to them?
- Understanding informed consent
- Steps to achieving shared decision making in the clinical setting
Session 4 - Thursday March 11, 2021#PMFPatientWeek
Putting our Faith in Technology
- Understanding the public perception of new technologies
- AI is our friend, but it will not replace the human touch, challenges the myths.
- Health tech and telemedicine as a pathway to treatment choices
Where to Next?
Attendees – TURN ON YOUR WEBCAM AND MIC
The final session will provide an opportunity for anyone to “join the stage” and put forward their views as to where they want to see things heading. This fully interactive session will be a stepping-stone to further collaboration and provide a guide to future meetings content.